Salam Tarbiya Anglers,
We are excited to announce our first fishing trip to Bodega Bay on March 16th, 2019. The date may change if we predict bad weather on that day. This time, we will be fishing from the shore to catch some perch. All ages are welcome, but minors should be accompanied by their parents and it will be the parents’ responsibility for their safety. We plan to have lunch together on the beach. Please bring food and drinks to share with others.
Spots are limited, please RSVP below to reserve your Spot.
The registration fee is $15/angler and must be paid in cash on the day of the trip. This cost will cover hooks, lures, weights, slider, leader, beads, and swivels. You need to bring the rod and reels with mainline.
Insha Allah, we will depart from Tarbiya Roseville location after Fajr prayer and carpool to our destination.
A California fishing license is required for any person older than 16 years. You can get one day or annual fishing license (permit). Children under 16 years do not need a fishing license.
The cost for a one-day fishing license is $15.69 and annual license costs you $48.34. You can get a fishing license from Walmart, BassPro Shops, Sportsmen’s warehouse, Dicks, or buy it online by using this link.
It may take about two weeks for the delivery if you buy an annual fishing license online. If you buy it at one of the stores mentioned above, they can print it for you on the spot.
When it comes to fishing, it is hard to have one set of fishing gear only to do all kinds of fishing. There are many considerations, such as the size of the fish, the location where we fish, river, ocean fishing, fishing from boat or shore/surf, the weight we want to use, type of lures, etc.
Here are our recommendations for perch ocean fishing from shore:
- Rod: 2 – 15lbs or 4 – (17 to 20)lbs, length: 8′ to 10′. Longer is better for ocean fishing
- Line (main): mono 15-20lbs braided line 20-40lbs
- Line (leader): 10-15lbs. The leader should be lower than the main line.
- Hook: size 2-4
- Weights: 1, 1 1/2, 2, and 3 Oz. Weight depends on swells at the time.
- Reels: spinning reel
- Beads, sliders, swivels (snap swivels or 3-way swivels)
- Lures: 2″ gulp sandworms and sand crabs. We can try catching live sand crabs for bait as well With a slider, it helps to change weight faster than using barrel swivel.
- Waders or boots as water will be cold.
- Cooler to put your fish and keep them fresh until we go back home. Recommended 1 cooler per car
- Bucket: used to hold fish and as a seat
Please mark your calendar and join us for a fun day of fishing on Bodega Bay beach. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
For the beginners, Insha Allah we will give you an introduction to fishing 2 weeks before we go. You will learn some fishing knots, type of hooks, casting with spinning reels, fishing setup, etc.